Monday, March 14, 2011

BIG BEAR: Part Deux

It seems like Big Bear has never failed me, the 3 times I have guided trips there have been amazing!!! (and practically problem free!!!) This time however, was definitely the earliest we have gotten there since the roads were dry and we didn't have to put on chains. This meant a lot more snow time, which was awesome. Although the snow was not fresh powder like it was last time, it was still fun to play in the slushier snow.
It was also a lot nicer because it was not as packed as it was during the President's Day weekend trip. There was space to do more so it was a lot less nerve wracking to be out there without being worried about the crazy people skiing/boarding around me. That's one thing about me as a skier, I'm a cautious person and I really don't like feeling like I'm going to get plowed over all the time. Although I did have my first minor skiing accident since I was 12. It was SO embarrassing!! The entire Bear Express lift had to be shut down!!! I was getting off the lift and my skis got caught in the board binding of another person on the lift and I proceeded to fall and get dragged a foot or two before my ski finally popped off to give my hip and knee relief from being twisted the wrong way. Needless to say it was a big scene... but I still got in some great skiing after that so it was more injury of pride than body. It is also always fun to run into the other participants while skiing and see that they were having as much, if not more fun than I was.
Overall I am so looking forward to the next time I can go to Big Bear, although it will have to be next season.

No comments:

Post a Comment