Wednesday, March 2, 2011

BIG BEAR!!!

Colin getting ready to ride!
What an escape! Although I come from a land where there is snow on the ground over 4 months of the year, I still LOVE the snow every time I'm in it (probably since I don't live in it anymore). Although I prefer choosing when I get to go play in the fluffy white stuff, I hate to say the sun and warm weather of San Diego gets a little monotonous (as well as the rain). Sometimes you need a little variety, and I definitely got that when I went to Big Bear. Because of all the rain in San Diego Bear Mountain had FRESH POWDER!!! It was so amazing because the weather was really nice as well as having fresh bright white snow on the ground. All those things definitely made the early wake up call worth it. Also the runs are so fun! They have beginner runs for people just learning to ski or just getting back into it, as well as crazy park runs with jumps, half pipes and rails. Not to mention the tops of the runs are gorgeous to look at before taking the next run.
One of the views at the top of a run
I think everyone had a great time because the majority of the participants were sound asleep within minutes of packing up and heading out. I am so lucky to get to go on both trips and I hope I can be more daring this time around and maybe try a black diamond... probably not, but I can try and work my way up to it. I used to be a fearless skier (when I was 8-10 years younger) but now I enjoy my leisurely runs where I take my time and just enjoy the fresh air and beautiful surroundings. After the last trip I am more than looking forward to the next time I get up there. Hopefully there will be fresh powder and sunshine again!
Group photo for 2/20/11

No comments:

Post a Comment